Thursday, November 19, 2015

Tweet So Hard

HER PERSPECTIVE: I woke up like this...I literally woke up the other day with the strong urge to tweet some ish. And I did. And then a random rapper dude asked me to "check out all the latest from #Jayohtheartist a NYC artist on the rise!" Which I did. But then I didn't love it so I respectfully tweeted back and credited the new music that I did love. 

In hindsight, I think I did the  rapper dude a solid - he can now go back to the drawing board and maybe (and that's a big ass maybe) emerge as a worthy opponent for the likes of new kids on the rap block... @NickGrant_ and @DaveEast


HIS PERSPECTIVE: I woke up wondering what was for breakfast and why in the hell would I have to cook that shit for myself yet again? When I got the tweet from the girl about the requested impromptu review, I texted back "Did ole boy clap back yet?" Who in the hell gives a brutha a review by providing him with not one but two artist's that they'd prefer to listen to? 


HER PERSPECTIVE: Ole boy ain't clap back yet. Hopefully that's a sign that he took heed to my advice and started recording some new shit that's not the same. Or not. He probably doesn't give a shit and for that I commend him.

HIS PERSPECTIVE: To be fair to the girl, I listened to dude and to say that it wasn't quite my taste wouldn't capture the emotion and depth of my feelings for the track and video. I try hard not to shit on someone's art and creativity, but if asked for an opinion I feel that I'm doing a disservice if I'm not blatantly honest. That written; The production of "Ain't Been The Same" is fairly good, but the lyrics are typical and underwhelming. Jayoh manages to use the words shit, bitches, racks and even slips in the obligatory "make it rain" within the first few bars of the song. The only thing that was missing was that lean. Typical... The video??? Let's just say that the beach scene is as underwhelming as the lyrics are. I've been to plenty of beaches in Miami and I have yet to see one as lonely and depressing as this one. The one thing that I will give it is that Jayoh's shit is aptly named, Shit Ain't Been The Same since I heard this joint. 

To Watch Jayoh's video click on the following link - Ain't Been The Same 


No comments:

Post a Comment