Friday, November 20, 2015

First Impression Rose Goes To...SAINT NICK

HER PERSPECTIVE: Some may argue that my 30 something years of age has me sitting on the sidelines of what's hot or not in today's music, but I respectfully say...fuck off...I'm staying in the game no matter what. My love of music won't allow me to warm the bench. I'll be 72 with a snarky and accurate opinion of some young whipper snapper's rap album. Just call me Benji Button. But I digress. 

The boy put me on to Saint Nick and I gotta say...he was on to something. Nick Grant is the by product of a clever hip hop generation. Stop. I should just drop the mic and walk away.But I'll offer more.... 

If vintage Nas and new Nas had a one night stand while "If I Ruled the World & "Made You Look" played in the background, the end result would be St. Nick. He is a young kid (from South Carolina now in ATL) with an old soul and a lot to say about the shit he knows. So much so that I am inclined to listen to his music and be thoroughly impressed and even endorse his creative endeavors on my social media outlets. There's nothing I love more than someone or something that makes me think harder than I already do. And when new and clever metaphors are the vehicle of that action....I must give praise where it's due.  

Jason Geter (T.I.'s longtime manager and business partner) made a smart move signing Nick to his Culture Republic Imprint. This kid is a shinning star. Just listen to Royalty, Jungle, Gold Chains and his freestyle on Sway in the morning and you too, shall jump on the band wagon. If not, I'll give you your time back. 


HIS PERSPECTIVE: When I first sent the girl Gold Chains, and said that Nick Grant was the new Nas, in typical Shitta fashion she shitted all over it."The new Nas is a bit of a stretch," she said. I then sent her the Jungle and the next thing I know she's sending me shit that I haven't even heard yet. With that glowing review, there's not much I need to add except I'm glad you came into the light. It's refreshing to hear something different than hoes, lean and other nonsense that's out there. Don't get me wrong, I rock with all that shit, but when someone comes around that changes the game, I'm on it. Nick Grant is a breath of fresh air in a tunnel of stale winds...This young man drops the knowledge of an old, weathered sage over tight beats with smooth cadence. You need to give this work a close listen and see for yourself.


HER PERSPECTIVE: lol @ in typical shitta fashion. Ok, so the boy was right. And it pains me to admit that shit but I am glad that I came into the light too. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment